We are currently looking for a volunteer to run Benger Blazers. If you are interested please contact the school office for further information.
Benger Blazers Football Club
2017/18 FOOTBALL SEASON
(Year 3 and 4 Coaching SESSIONS)
Who are the Benger Blazers?
Sutton Benger Primary School offers weekly after-school football coaching to Years 3 and 4 during term time, through the Benger Blazers Football Club ('BBFC').
Football training is provided by a FA qualified coach, and is presented in line with the FA's learning plan for children in the under-9 age range. It is focused at developing the child's football ability, rather than focusing on the competitive aspect - although we do play against other local primary schools and in County tournaments throughout the season, and in mini-soccer games played at the end of each session.
Sutton Benger Primary is also a registered member of the Premier League Primary Stars initiative which uses the appeal of the Premier League and professional football clubs to inspire children to learn, be active and develop important life skills.
All players receive an end of season Certificate of Achievement, with trophies awarded to:
- Managers Player of the Season
- Player displaying Outstanding Sportsmanship
- Most Improved Player
- Players Player of the Season (voted by the squad)
When do we meet?
Benger Blazers meet on a Tuesday afternoon (3.20 to 4.30pm) and each practice is designed to provide the opportunity for children to develop their skills using the FA four corner model:
- Teamwork, responsibility and trust
- Movement, agility, balance and co-ordination
- Ball skills (receiving, passing, shooting)
- Decision-making, experimenting and learning
All players must wear shin guards and appropriate clothing depending on the weather.
Correct footwear must be worn for the surface of the pitch.
What behaviour do we expect?
- Behave honestly and sportingly
- Show a positive attitude and accept the coach's decision
- Encourage team mates
- Display good behaviour at all times
- Respect opponents, the coach, and referees