SCHOOL LUNCHES NEED TO BE ORDERED THROUGH PARENTPAY AT LEAST 48 HOURS IN ADVANCE
Our on-site catering team produce a range of delicious, healthy options on a daily basis. A salad bar, fresh bread and fruit are always available.
School Dinners currently cost £2.30 per day. Children can opt for packed lunches from home if preferred.
Starting in September 2014, lunch will be free for all pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. KS2 children's lunches will cost £2.30 per head per day.
All lunches will need to be ordered in advance and paid for if applicable.
- Chunks of melon, strawberries, grapes, or whatever you have to hand. Look out for fruit that’s in season, it’s likely to be cheaper.
- Dried – how about just a few pieces of mango, banana or pineapple? Don’t forget, a small handful is about the right amount of dried fruit for kids.
- Low fat fruit yoghurt.
- A handful of dry, reduced sugar cereal with a few raisins or sultanas.
Healthier savoury snack ideas
Instead of crisps, salted nuts, which can all be high in salt and fat, try:
- Small handful of unsalted mixed nuts
- Pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- Rice cakes with lower fat cream cheese and cucumber
- Celery sticks filled with lower fat cream cheese
- Homemade popcorn (without sugar or salt)
- Unsalted ricecakes, crackers or oatcakes
Fun for dipping
Snacking on veg also counts towards your 5 A DAY and ups your fibre intake too. So how about these:
- Veg sticks - carrot, celery, baby sweetcorn, peppers and radishes with a reduced fat hummus dip
- Sliced apple and a lower fat soft cheese to dip
Always check the label
To find out how much salt, saturated fat and sugar is in snacks, check the nutrition label on packaged food.